RGPF | Traffic Arrangements for Independence Day Celebrations at the National Stadium
Traffic Arrangements for Independence Day Celebrations at the National Stadium The Royal Grenada Police Force hereby notifies the general public and in particular motorists that the following traffic arrangements will be in effect for Independence celebration, at the National Cricket Stadium, on Wednesday 7th February 2024. These traffic arrangements will be in effect from 8:00 am until the conclusion of this activity.
All vehicular traffic entering the National Stadium will use the Queen’s Park Ring Road from its intersection with Cherry Hill or Mt. Rush, St. George.
No vehicular traffic will be allowed to enter the National Stadium from the Green Bridge entrance.
Vehicular traffic via the Humpback Bridge will be restricted, to allow for VIPs/ Dignitaries and persons with special permits from the National Celebration Committee.
Vehicular traffic will not be allowed in the following areas:
• Old Fort public road from its junction with Lucas Street.
• Cemetery Hill from its junction with Church Street.
• Humpback Bridge from its junction with River Road.
• The Ring Road from its junction with Mt. Rush Public Road to the direction of the Humpback Bridge.
Public parking will be available in the following areas:
• Concrete area car park at the Kirani James Athletic Stadium
• Warm up track at the Kirani James Athletic Stadium (performers parking)
• Upper level of the Bus Terminal
• Back of Old Andall Supermarket
• Ariza Car Park
• Bruce Street Mall Car Park
• Tanteen Playing Field
• Old Trafford Playing Field
• Grand Mal Playing Field
A shuttle system will be in effect to convey persons to the National Stadium.
Persons coming from Grand Anse and Eastern main road are encouraged to utilize parking areas at Tanteen and Old Trafford Playing Fields, while persons coming from the West are asked to utilize Grand Mal Playing Field, and persons coming from Grand Etang are asked to utilize the car parks in the town and St. George’s Bus Terminal.
VIP parking will be in the area to the River Road side of the National Stadium. Persons will access the VIP parking by entering the Humpback Bridge and will made a Sharpe left turn on exit of the bridge onto the parking lot.
No parking will be allowed in the following areas:
• Melville Street from the Fish Market to Keep Left.
• From Keep Left to Cherry Hill inclusive of Queens Park Public Road.
• Cemetery Hill intersection with River Road to Purcell’s lumber yard.
• Left side of the stadium ring towards Darbeau direction.
• Mt. Rush public road from its intersection with Stadium Ring Road to the beginning of the hill.
NB: There will be no parking of vehicles at Queens Park Playing Field (same will be used for fireworks display.
Any spill over parking will be on one side of the Stadium Ring Road opposite to Petrocarib and Grenlec.
At the conclusion of the activity the following road will be made one way:
• River Road public road towards the direction of De Caul roundabout.
• Mount Rush public road in the direction of Mt. Gay
• Motley Hill will be one way in the direction of Sans Souci
All emergency vehicles will travel along Cemetery Hill, Church Street, Grand Etang Road onto the General Hospital.
Source: Office of Commissioner of Police
Contact: Community Relations Department