Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.
1. Seismic activity has continued the pattern established after the explosive activity on 18 April.
2. Small long-period and hybrid earthquakes continued to be recorded. Two rockfalls were also recorded.
3. No volcano-tectonic earthquakes or tremor have been recorded in the last 12 hours.
4. The seismic station at Bamboo Range recorded the signal from a lahar (mudflow) at 4 am, which lasted for about 30 minutes and may have flown along a valley on the south- eastern side of the volcano.
5. The volcano continues to erupt. Its pattern of seismic activity over the last few days is typical of the growth and destruction of lava domes.
Learn more here
6. Explosions with accompanying ashfall, of similar or larger magnitude, can occur with little or no warning and persons are advised to stay out of the red zone.
7. The volcano remains at alert level RED.
8. Visit the International Volcanic Hazard Health Network for information and resources on living with volcanic ash: www.ivhhn.org/information