NaDMA Update – Key Information on Shelter use in COVID-19
As the island prepares for the possible impact of Tropical Storm Gonzalo the following protocols are expected to guide Shelter use, once activated
NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT AGENCY (NaDMA) MEDIA RELEASE
KEY INFORMATION ON SHELTER USE IN COVID 19
St. George’s, Grenada – Friday 24th July, 2020.
As the island prepares for the possible impact of Tropical Storm Gonzalo the following protocols are expected to guide Shelter use, once activated:
1. There will be an identified isolation area in each shelter
2. A health check will be conducted on all occupants entering the shelter
3. All occupants are required to wear face covering. Occupants are required to supply their own face covering
4. All occupants are to maintain 6 feet distancing in and around the shelter
5. Frequent hand washing or hand sanitizing and cough etiquette will be in effect
6. Occupants are not allowed to share dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, bedding or other personal items. Occupants are asked to walk with their own utensils/supplies
7. Persons will be monitored for illnesses:
– Loose stool and frequent bowel movement
– Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; and
– Other symptoms compatible with COVID-19 (e.g. muscle aches,
headache, sore throat, runny nose, loss of taste or smell)
The list of shelters will be disseminated later today.
For additional information, please contact
Ms. Oslyn Crosby Public Relations Officer
NaDMA on 440-8390-4 / 440-0838 or 533-0766
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
NaDMA, the official source for all disaster related information in Grenada.